Stuller Execs Share Insights in GCAL’s Premiere Podcast
GCAL is excited and proud to announce the launch of our brand new Podcast series: Diamond Profile®. “With each upcoming episode, GCAL will bring to the industry real-time information from respected industry experts,” said founder and company president Don Palmieri. Angelo Palmieri, COO of GCAL, continued: “We’ve gotten tremendous response from our Monday emails that began several months ago, initially conceived as a result of the Covid crisis. The next logical progression was a podcast.” Angelo further explained: “It was obvious in the unprecedented times we’re experiencing, no one individual or company has all the answers. In trying to figure out how to navigate these challenging times, GCAL will be reaching out so our industry can experience the power of sharing information. And we are honored to have Carl Lehnhardt and Harold Dupuy of Stuller for our premiere podcast interview.”
Harold Dupuy is Vice President of Strategic Analysis for Stuller. A Fellow of the Gemological Association of Great Britain, a Graduate Gemologist (GIA), and a Master Gemologist Appraiser (ASA), at Stuller, he draws on a diverse background to analyze, anticipate, and act on shifting currents in the international jewelry market.
Carl Lehnhardt is Diamond DIrector for Stuller. In his 15 1/2 years at the company, he has traveled over one million miles (all with a single airline), forging relationships as close to the source as he possibly could.
In this first episode, Dupuy and Lehnhardt are sharing invaluable insights and experience:
- Adapting to Coronavirus….They discussed the need to retrofit the Stuller facility to comply with requirements.
- Retail Trends…”We had no idea it would return in the manner that it did”
Diamonds…”Rounds have been king, but Ovals are ready to take the king’s head off”
- Lab Grown vs Natural…”We saw surprising growth in natural, but more and more people are ok with lab grown”
- On the DPA’s (Diamond Producers Assn) name change to the Natural Diamond Council…“It signaled a shift from Hatfields & McCoys trying to denigrate the other product. Let the rising tide lift all boats. It’s a consumer choice, that will put some wind in the sails of lab grown”
- India…”They got hit 6 weeks later, and are far from peaking”
- Gemstones…”We saw no major shifts, with precious stones still representing one-third of the market”
- Jewelry…”Halos are still dominant, solitaires remain strong, and stackables are a staple”
- Stuller Tools to help with the new normal…Stuller Showcase®, ever&ever®, 302®, and Gemvision®.